The Cathedral building is open to visitors at the following times during the year:
Summer (April to September)
- Weekdays between 9.30am and 5.30pm
- Saturdays between 9.30am and 5.30pm
- Sundays between 1.00pm and 5.00pm
Winter (October to March)
- Weekdays between 9.30am and 4.30pm
- Saturdays between 9.30am and 4.30pm
- Sundays between 1.00pm and 4.30pm
- The Cathedral is closed to visitors on the dates bellow, except to those attending services which fall on those dates.
- 25th and 26th of December
- 1st and 2nd of January
Last admission to Cathedral is 30 minutes prior to the closing time listed. Last admisson to Lower Church is 45 minutes prior to closing time.
The Summer Guiding season runs from the first Monday in May to the last Friday in September. There are several volunteer guides available to show visitors round the Cathedral. The bookstall is open and staffed.
Guidebooks in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish are available as well as Post Cards, information leaflets and appropriate souvenirs.
From October to end March there is a more limited Guiding service and the bookstall is closed.
Guide Leaflets and Post Cards are available from a display stand on a trust basis for payment. The leaflets are printed in 12 different languages.
The Historic Scotland Bookshop is usually open when the Cathedral is open to the public.
For specific information on the availability of guides and tours, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org marked ‘For the Attention of the Convener of Guides.” Alternatively, a message can be passed on via the Cathedral Office (0141 552 8198) or Historic Scotland Custodians (0141 552 6891)